12.12.06

Can't Touch Me Now!!!! Laughter permeates the room

I received the call this afternoon. I am now on the Board of Directors for the ALS Association of GA. They made a wise decision and unanimously voted me on. Yahoo!!! Hold onto your wigs people, the wind is going to start blowing. Much change is needed and hopefully my perspective will add insight to individuals who sit on the board for mere charitable kudos and a spot on their resumes'.

I was diagnosed in March of '03 with ALS, more commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. I also have familia ALS. My mother and best friend lost her battle with this horrific disease in April of '02. So today, starts yet another chapter in my fight for a cure for me, my kids, my husband and the loving memory of my mom. If you feel the need to know more, and you should..... google my name, Tami Kidd. Stories of Courage, that's me.... I did it yesterday, after hearing someone googled their name and found themselves.... Kinda creepy.

Anyway, I just want to create more awareness to a devasting disease that so few know about. Think about this..... There are about 30,000 people in the U.S. at any given time living with ALS. Every 90 minutes someone is diagnosed and every 90 minutes someone dies. Most live between 3 - 5 years. I have had symptoms for 7. My mom was diagnosed and died in 18 months. It effects every person completely differently. So congratulations to me! I wear this new title with honor and will do my best to make a difference.

Blessings & Light

T