6.2.07

Yesterday.....

Okay so the Colts won the Super Bowl. Who cares??? Lots of people I guess. I happen not to be one of them, think its crazy the way grown folks act over a game. Over sized 12 year old boys being paid handsomely to Play A Game!
My mind wandered a lot today. Yesterday was my mother's birthday and after 5 years my heart still pauses heavily. Last night, I meditated chanting Elohim for 20 mintues or so.... Felt relaxed and uplifted. I asked the Divine to send her to me in my dreams, just for a small chat, or even a glimse would do, no such pleasure. However, my sister called to tell me of her strange dream first thing this morning. My mother was in her dream, behaving like a drunken, life of the party girl, in a bowling alley bar. I suggested perhaps that our dear mother was trying to send her a message in the very clear reversal of personalities.
Not sure if she got it, or pretended not to listen because she didn't answer or acknowledge what I said. Typical.
I am almost finished reading Barack Obama's novel "Dreams from my Father". Highly recommend this one. His life, his inner struggles so poetically written. It captured me from the first page. I love a good read.
So people out in cyberworld..... I ask this. Is the United States of America, land of the free, ready for a Black Man to be President? And if you read the book, you will get a candid glimpse of his life. He certainly admitted to usage of illegal drugs, will he be judged more critically than Clinton, who did not "INHALE." Most likely. He is after all a Black politician in the White man's house.
I find him to be a true soul, who told his story and has paved his own way into our history and pop culture. He crosses lines that few black men have been able to do. Not because of lack of desire, but because White America simply was not ready for Blacks to at the very least be equal.
He is handsome, nonthreatening in appearance and falls into a clean shaven articulate category.
Blacks view of the single word articulate a slam. I don't blame them. Stereotypes are what keep us divided.
Do i think he has a chance for the White House? Yes. If played right, he could use his South African Father's History, his White American mother's roots and bring a nation to it's knees. I have a Dream, that one day we will all be considered worthy first and judged only by our efforts or lack thereof.
A simple dream where religion, skin colour, and class of citizenship wouldn't hinder potential friendships, partnerships, and unions.
It is a shame to claim you are free, when your mind has been programmed to discriminate without even realizing it.
Open your heart instead of your eyes, the soul has no boundaries.
B & L
T