3.2.07

February 3, 07

My need to vent has eased up in the 5 hours since I fell off the toilet and had to have Jocelyn help me pull my panties up before I asked her to go get Rodney to pick me off the bathroom floor. The last few days have been spent in deep thought.
First, I have all these plans to create a successful awareness Advocacy Day at the State Capital in May. Secondly, that any woman diagnosed with a terminal illness, disease, something that takes away personal hygiene ability be allowed to by pass insurance issues and get a hysterectomy. Sounds a bit weird, but trust me, any woman will tell you having a period every month sucks and that's just the way life is. We have it for about 3/4 of our lives and deal with the cycle as best we can. Some are plagued with painful cramps, others lasting too long! None are pleasant and only welcomed when an err in judgement occurs.
So with that in mind, Woman "have" to take care of this part of being female. However, when disease strikes and personal Independence taken this task must be performed by a caregiver, usually the husband or companion.
The ultimate test, next to giving birth, of humility.
Even though I still control all of my personal needs, I do see a day not so far away that demands assistance. Meditating alot on this one.
My Mother's birthday is Monday Feb. 5th. Ironic, 5 years since she has been gone. The stabbing pain in my heart has eased, but the chronic sadness of missing my Mom still remains......
T