18.7.07

Vacation is in sight!!!

We leave Saturday for a week long excursion to the white sugar beaches of the Florida gulf coast. Respite for a family that desperately needs some fun..... Together. I'm hoping the inconveniences of toting me around are outweighed by the sound of laughter.
While I will say the "blue" period is still surrounding me, it is starting to change to a lighter shade, resembling the peacefulness of the ocean.... I am trying so hard not to be emotional, but the truth is.... This will be the last vacation with me still possessing any reasonable mobility.
It means everything to me, to be able to experience and witness the joy my children will express. This resort is fabulous and pictures will fill the other site!!!
Jocelyn came to me the other night and asked if I were to have tubes (Trach / Vent /Feeding) would I still be able to talk? I simply replied, "yes" in the beginning, but eventually "no". She smiled and said "well, mom, maybe that's not so bad, you do talk a lot!" Then she hugged me and said just kiddin! The kicker came next.... "I don't want you to have tubes and not be able to talk to me, because I know you won't like it. " Tears filled her 7 year old eyes and told me she would take care of me until I die, then she will hold me in her heart forever.
Yep, I cried too!
So with that.... We need a vacation, a fun filled, relaxing, swim suit, sand in your butt, belly busting laughter kind of vacation..
I found a bed. Had to buy it, to the price of a near panic attack. It will arrive around the 2nd week in August. Another much needed device to aide in my comfort.
So, more maybe next week while sitting poolside or maybe not...... smile
B & L
T