12.6.07

I'm squeakkeee clean!

I'll start by explaining the title..... Today was the first time in months I actually used my custom designed tile bench in my custom designed walk in shower. Perhaps the word "custom" should have consulted a handicapped person prior to my envisioning its existence. The door is wide enough for a walker or wheelchair to fit through, only an inch up to step to a gradual sloping tile floor and two rails on opposite sides for optimum balance, I however chose a low bench as I am a short girl. I wanted to sit with my feet firmly planted on the floor. This was my oasis, no swinging of legs in here. Much to my chagrin, this low bench stopped getting used sometime back in March when I went through my weakening and constipation period. Hitting the hard tile floor twice and crawling out of the "walk in" shower hurt too much to attempt sitting a 3rd time. Since, I have lost most of my stomach and lower back muscles which helped facilitate the hoisting of my body from the bench holding firmly to my handrail on the left side.

So for about the last month I have an alternating hygiene schedule. Unless I am extremely funky or feeling strong, showering happens every other day........ I use a lot of sanitary wet wipes. I sort of feel like I'm in junior high doing a half bath. This time however, I'm usually on the toilet in mid change of clothes. Stop laughing or smiling or feeling sorry. I have accepted another limitation and use an obscene amount of hand sanitizer. If only I could figure out what to do about my hair issues....... But today, I smell really, really good. And just for a bonus, my legs and armpits are shaved on the same day. WOW! Oh, yea. This shower experience happened because I finally asked Rodney to help me. Getting my left leg up that 1 inch is "almost" impossible. And today I decided, since I need help anyway, WTF. All or nothing. Some things never change. Smile.

The kids have FINALLY started summer camp. The 2 weeks they were home only confirmed, I was never supposed to be a stay at home MOM! I slept endlessly yesterday. Plus there was no time to write or have an interrupted thought for that matter.

So it's day two of camp and Jordan already decided to not just take, but wear another boys t-shirt home. I got the call from his counsler and was advised indeed the shirt was not a gift, as I suspected. He however is still insisting that Ms. somebody gave it to him.

Jocelyn is going to the Y this year and seems mesmerized with the contents of the play ground, the indoor pool and just this very afternoon had a dance class..... 2 days down. We go on vacation the 21st of July.... Pictures of course will flood my other blog site.

I still haven't spoken to my sister. This is the longest vow of silence to date. I have no idea when or even if at this point what our coming together will bring, probably World War 3. A friend did advise me she just thinks I need to "cool off" before she speaks to me after that hateful email I sent. Too bad it wasn't hateful, only truths that she refuses to acknowledge.

My father and his wife moved back to Montana and started a new job at a retirement facility. Guess any hopes he will be visiting soon are erased by a new employer that most likely doesn't grant vacation time before serving 6 months. Our Saturday morning talks always end the same, no real emotions shared and the casual I love you at the end.

I can't say enough how happy I am today that I smell really great. It felt spectacular to take a shower that wasn't rushed by my legs getting too tired to stand and my arms and hands cramping from holding on so tightly to the hand rails. Yea!

Life is good.

Blessings & Light

T