25.4.07

A New Friend

Yesterday, I was blessed with the presence of a Freedom Fighter of sorts. A woman who along with her 13 year old son choose to become involved with this disease we call ALS.. She and her son championed their first 5k run to raise awareness and of course cash. Without meeting me, they had a sign with my name on it along the course route.
Yes indeed, I tell you. She brought me t-shirts and my very own sign. We talked like old friends for hours. This one is a good woman!
It is so rare to find a relationship that develops into a lasting friendship, put a terminal illness into the mix and the rarity increases. She brought herself in willingly and puts herself out others unselfishly. I find it amazing that she has befriended so many people living with ALS (PALS) and still continues too. She has lost many short lived friendships in a fraction of time, but I can tell you she is genuine pure love.
Amazing........
So to my new friend, thank you for seeking me out and making a point to know me. I too feel as though we were "just catching up" yesterday.
The universe is better because your in it.
B & L
T