18.3.07

A Sunny Sunday

My clinic appointment Friday went extremely well. I have lost 12.8 pounds and my breathing is back to 82 up from 74 in October. Even though my left leg is declining and now my back is getting increasingly tired and fatiqued, my overall evaluation was stellar. My friend Carmen took me so she could experience clinic for her grant writing position with the ALS Association from a caregiver's perspective.
So Saturday, March 17th 2007, St. Patrick's Day around the world, will be a day engraved in Carmens mind forever. The green clover day will never be experienced without a memory of me in it for her. Yep, it was that kind of moment. I did not say day, because the "day" was great. She picked me and the kids up so Joce could interview John for yet another 1st grade project at 10am. We arrived to the Police station and got ready for my reporter to conduct her interview, but alas I have been drinking so much water to deal with a constipation issue that I needed to pee. So I made them wait, I had to video the interview so we could make sure we got all the necessary info for this damn project. I knew missy wouldn't be able to write everything down that John would say and basically I wasn't taking notes......
So, Carmen took me to the restroom. Feeling strong and enthusiastic I felt I didn't need the handicap bathroom with the rails on the walls. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I couldn't get my arse off the toilet!!!!! Yes, it was great. At one point I was laughing so hard, I nearly fell off the damn thing. finally with the wheelchair positioned directly in front of me I leveraged myself to a stand with Carmen holding the chair in place.
She had to pull up and place my thong (I don't wear full panties any more due to the fact I can't get them out of my ass when they ride up). Then she got my pants up. It was by far another vanity check for me. It was quite something to realize I had no choice, and thankfully she was my friend and apparently wasn't too freaked.
Never again will a bathroom unequipped with hand rails be used, unless of course the only other choice is to pee my pants. But I will not be able to get off alone...... Note to caregiver, friends and family, keep Tami near accessible bathrooms at all costs.
It was a good day.
My potential renters emailed today. They want the house, but won't know for sure about their finances until June. Do I wait, or do I advertise???????
I will meditate on this one. It will work out the way it is supposed to, I do believe there are no mistakes.
B & L
T